...and by cool I mean 32F and winter I mean our Florida 'winter' ;)
We've had a lot going on in the past week and a half. I'm trying to get caught up on the oscar nominated movies again this year, so last Friday we went out and saw The Artist. It was really nicely done and a good show overall. My favorite this year is still Midnight in Paris, though. Only 2 weeks to see the rest of the 7 movies on my list, yikes! On Saturday we did a little bit of work and then went to a friend's house for poker night. Not a high turn-out but we had a good time!
On Sunday after church we had a really good talk about life and the future, covering all of the topics our pastor wanted us to go over before our next counseling session. There's really not a lot that we didn't agree on but it was great to put everything on the table and lay out expectations and concerns for the future. We then followed it up with another great session with our pastor on Monday. I feel like even though we don't really have any major "issues", we're a LOT better off than we were without the sessions and without vocalizing our concerns or ideas about the future. We're both working on keeping up this dialogue as we move forward and look to the days after September 1st!
This weekend I had a meeting in Pensacola, and Austin was sweet enough to come along and help drive. The weather wasn't agreeable for lounging on the beach but we did get to enjoy the scenery in my free time. We both thought the peninsula was absolutely beautiful and want to come back to enjoy the beaches again this spring and to do some camping as well. When Austin brings his camera over I'll try to upload a few pictures.
Wishing a happy Sunday to all!
No comments:
Post a Comment