Sunday, July 1, 2012

Self-empowerment Sunday

Notice anything different about my bike? Yes, it is upside down, but that's not it. It has a NEW tube in the front tire! OK so you can't really see the tube from the outside, but still...

I've had my bike for over two years and this was the first time I'd ever changed the tube. I was a bit intimidated to try it out and always got a little nervous on long bike rides thinking about what I would do if I got a flat. When my front tire started giving me problems this weekend, I decided to learn how to take off the tire and check things out for myself instead of taking it to the shop. Thankfully it worked! The valve on the old tube was just bent so I swapped the old tube out for a new one and it's working fine now. Oh the little joys in life when you accomplish a simple task for the first time :)


And no, Austin, I did NOT even get any grease on the carpets. Amazing, I know, with my tendency of becoming somewhat of a greasy mess whenever I do stuff with my bike. 

Time to enjoy the rest of my Sunday evening. Finished the gospel of John today and will start on Acts this week. Amidst my summer of self-empowerment I'm also trying to learn more about how God's power can act in us and how He can make us better than we could ever make ourselves. But this sort of empowerment will likely take more time to understand than a Sunday afternoon tinkering around in my apartment!

No comments:

Post a Comment