Thursday, February 7, 2013

Weekend funtivities

Where has the time gone! Amidst both of us being busy at work and lots going on each weekend, I can't believe February is already here. Tomorrow I leave for a conference in Poland and wanted to share some photos before jet-setting off :)

Last Friday we went to the Hoggetowne medieval faire. It was a fun and silly way to spend a Friday but we both enjoyed being out in the sunshine watching people dressed up fighting each other! The beer and feats of strength (archery) contests also made for a fun afternoon.

 Epic battles (which were actually pretty cool/nicely choreographed) 

Roman stuff??

A hilarious magician. The jokes were lost on the kids but he had Austin and I laughing in the back!

Jousting!!


Bonus: Awesome moustache/sideburn combo

Replicas of armor and weapons used during the War of Roses in England (15th century). Cool stuff and really educational (i.e. Edutainment). My favorite part! (besides the side burns)

Enjoying our brews 

The entrance to my castle. And yes, we did wear our cowboy hats to the medieval faire.

After a Friday night celebrating a lab-mates birthday, we did some nature walking on a trail on campus on Saturday since it was a lovely day. Finished off with a short trip to the art museum. With Sunday busy with church and biking the weekend was packed!



So long for now! I'll leave the blog in the hands of Austin this week while I'm gone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment