Stockholm!
I missed these leaf piles the past few years :)
yellow!
orange!
hanging out with Dragan, Kuba, and Henric
Last weekend Austin planned a lovely birthday trip for us in Wales! I think my favorite hikes in the UK so far. Not too busy, gorgeous scenery, nice place to stay and friendly people, and some lovely fall colors to go with it all :) happy to be so close to this gorgeous place, I want to come back in winter too if Austin thinks he can handle the winding roads :D
our first hike around a glacial lake
on the big descent from up in the hills
whee!
gorgeous sun and shadows
the end of the first day hike
a really nice guy took a photo of both of us :)
even more sun :D
slate quarries
Caernafon castle and the hills we just came from
Today we took it easy (Austin is finishing up a paper for an upcoming deadline) but we took advantage of a warm and sunny afternoon. We hopped on the local train across the Mersey and did this really lovely walk in a park Austin found earlier this summer. Nice quiet forest away from the busy city, that fresh autumn air, and I even saw a FOX :D but of course he was fast and shy so he got away from us before I could take a photo.
a HUGE tree that had fallen over, because I pushed it :P (just kidding)
someone carved a dragon head into this log!
Next weekend if the weather is good again we will probably try to do another Pennine hike before November sees us traveling back to the states again. Until then its time for some relaxing after a busy weekend already :P
No comments:
Post a Comment